Data Management, Sharing and Retention Policy
Shoals Marine Laboratory has adopted a data management and retention policy to address: 1) NSF mandates; 2) Requests for SML sponsored or funded data from researchers outside the SML community; and 3) SML access to data collected on Appledore Island through research sponsored or funded by Shoals Marine Laboratory. Please email us to request a copy of the policy.
Species Checklist for the Isles of Shoals Archipelago (2009 edition)
This revision was preceded by the 1995 edition "Checklist of Flora and Fauna" prepared by Arthur C. Borror and printed and distributed by the Shoals Marine Laboratory. It builds upon earlier versions of the checklist issued in 1978, 1982, 1984 and records of the University of New Hampshire Zoological Laboratory on Appledore from 1928-1940. This revision includes records for more than 1400 species, but many species have yet to be discovered and recorded.
Appledore Island Transect Study
SML has accumulated over 25 years of data from student transect surveys that detail the distribution and abundance of organisms in both exposed and protected rocky intertidal habitats on Appledore Island in the Gulf of Maine. Compiling the survey data will allow us to track and document changes around Appledore Island and provide a long-term dataset with baseline information to the broader scientific community. This data has been made publicly available via the Environmental Data Initiative. For further details, contact Dr. David Buck.
UNH AIRMAP Research Project (completed)
- Analysis of existing climate data
- Development of new air quality monitoring programs
- Addressing New England's changing climate and air quality
- Understanding the relationship between air quality and weather
- Determining the causes of climate change in New England
- Part of NASA's Micropulse Lidar Network (MPLNET) (select "Appledore Island" from the MPLNET Site dropdown menu)
- Lidar Observations of the Kasatochi Plume at MPLNET's Appledore Site (PDF)
ICARTT 2004: International Consortium for Atmospheric Research on Transport and Transformation