If you are interested in offering a class at SML during summertime please discuss ideas for proposed courses with the Associate Director, Dr. David Buck, as soon as possible, and send a written proposal in the format provided no later than September 1st of the year prior to the summer you would like the course to be considered as part of our curriculum.
Course Enrollment Updates
For information about registrations and deposits for your course, please contact us at email@example.com.
Request Course Materials and Supplies
- Contact the Lab Coordinator at least one month before the start of your course to request supplies and materials.
- Contact the Lab Manager to review available inventory in the off-season.
- SML provides a small library for course use: View Library Catalog
- All academic courses are evaluated by students online at the conclusion of each course.
- Faculty should set aside time for students to complete evaluations before students depart Appledore Island.
- To make a new course evaluation or to revise a previous one, meet with Dr. David Buck on-island at least 3 days before your course ends.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for archived course evaluations.
Teaching for Research
To support the research of our teaching faculty, we are offering you one free day of room and board for your personal research purposes in exchange for every three days you are paid to teach a SML course. Please click here for more information.