Established in 2016, the SML Alumni and Friends Association (AFA) is a volunteer-led initiative to engage the SML community (alumni, donors, faculty, researchers, public, etc.) in a manner that expresses the pride, tradition, and life-long learning that stretches across time and space.
The work of the AFA is divided between two committees:
Networking & Engagement Committee:
The Networking Committee’s primary goals are to:
- develop & expand the AFA network for the overall benefit of the SML community
- assist with fund-raising efforts (SML Annual Fund, Cornell Giving Day, UNH 603 Challenge)
- plan the on-island Annual AFA Alumni Weekend & virtual community outreach activities
The Recruitment Committee assists with recruiting:
- students to SML’s high school and undergraduate courses
- participants to online and island-based public programs
- attendees to SML’s online Rock Talk Seminar Series
Stay in Touch!
Whether you are alumni, a past researcher, faculty member, staff, donor, or simply someone interested in SML, you are a member of our community! Check out the resources below to stay connected:
To stay informed on SML’s operations, programs, and future events, subscribe to our newsletter list!
Are you on Facebook? Follow us for announcements and news pertaining to SML and the Gulf of Maine!
AFA Council Members
Chair – Michael Coburn
Vice Chair – Jackie Webb
Secretary – Susan Kennedy
Co–Chair: Vanessa Constant
Co–Chair: Justin Stillwell
Chair: Doug Fudge