High school students enroll and receive course credit through Cornell University.
|Tuition (per credit)||$1,680.00|
|Room & Board (per night) * - no R&B charges for online courses||$212.00|
|SML Program Fee (per course) **||$343.00|
* Room & Board includes all meals and dorm accommodations on-island. Students will share a room with 1-3 classmates. Please note, this is a “per night” not a “per day” rate.
** Program fee includes costs associated with consumable supplies used during online lab activities, dive operations for the collection of specimens, maintenance and operation of seawater tables, collection permits, etc.
Standard Refund Policy
Course deposits, room & board, and fees are nonrefundable. Your tuition refund amount will be determined by the number of days from the start of the course that you withdraw.
Refund Schedule (days since program start date)
- Days 1–3: 100% tuition refund
- Days 4–5: 50% tuition refund
- Day 6 or later: 0% refund
To withdraw from an SML course
- High School students must notify Cornell's SCE Registrar's Office and SML (email@example.com) in writing.
If you want to appeal the refund schedule based on special circumstances, please download and complete the petition form and submit it to B20 Day Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853. The form will be reviewed by committee, and you will be notified if your appeal is approved.