This summer, we are going to bring marine science and our island laboratory to you. We are offering interactive online courses that will incorporate custom-made live and recorded digital media. We will have scientists and a digital videographer on island to bring the field to you and your classmates. Imagine a shark course with a live online dissection on Appledore that we are broadcasting to you and your classmates. Students can stop us to ask questions, zoom in on specific things you want to see up close - it will be as close to being there as we can deliver in a remote learning setting. In addition, we have an amazing line up of marine scientists lined up to present interactive webinars to all, starting June 1. Please join us. We have financial assistance to support students.
Interactive Online Learning at SML
Dive into the blue, while going green!
What to expect from online courses at Shoals Marine Laboratory:
- Interactive, course specific live and pre-recorded digital content
- Combination of synchronous and asynchrous virtual classrooms
- Live-streamed field excursions on and around Appledore Island
- Access to long-term data sets from SML
- Concentrate on one course at a time